We created this private network to help each other build and scale companies faster, easier and better.Relationships carry compound interest: the deeper they are, the more value they bring.
ConnectionBuilders connect outstanding founders, VCs, and business angels across ecosystems.
ConfidentialityNothing should leave the network. This group follows strict Chatham house rules
GroupTogether we run AMAs, roundtables, regular meetups, and peer-to-peer mentoring.
To receive an invite to the group, you need to fill out the following form fully. Incomplete forms will be discarded. Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email informing of status.We carefully select invites to keep an high-quality of knowledge exchange among members. We put a lot of effort into this and the application form helps us all. Please put effort into it as well.Note that we don't accept press or recruiters.
In the following, we provide information about the collection of personal data when using:
our website www.buildersnetwork.co
our profiles in social media.
Personal data is any data that can be related to a specific natural person,such as their name or IP address.1.1. Contact details
The controller within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
BuildersNetwork UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin, Germany,
We are legally represented by Jacopo Luperi.Our data protection officer is
heyData GmbH, Gormannstr. 14, 10119 Berlin,
E-mail email@example.com. Scope of data processing, processing purposes and legal bases
We detail the scope of data processing, processing purposes and legal bases below. In principle, the following come into consideration as the legal basis for data processing:
- Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 it. a GDPR serves as our legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent.
- Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR is the legal basis insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, e.g. if a site visitor purchases a product from us or we perform a service for him. This legal basis also applies to processing that is necessary for pre-contractual measures, such as in the case of inquiries about our products or services.
- Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. c GDPR applies if we fulfill a legal obligation by processing personal data, as may be the case, for example, in tax law.
- Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis when we can rely on legitimate interests to process personal data, e.g. for cookies that are necessary for the technical operation of our Website1.3. Data processing outside the EEA
Insofar as we transfer data to service providers or other third parties outside the EEA, the security of the data during the transfer is guaranteed by adequacy decisions of the EU Commission, insofar as they exist (e.g. for Canada and Israel) (Art. 45 para. 3 GDPR).If no adequacy decision exists (e.g. for the USA), the legal basis for the data transfer are usually, i.e. unless we indicate otherwise, standard contractual clauses. These are a set of rules adopted by the EU Commission and are part of the contract with the respective third party. According to Art. 46 (2) lit. b GDPR, they ensure the security of the data transfer. Many of the providers have given contractual guarantees that go beyond the standard contractual clauses to protect the data.These include, for example, guarantees regarding the encryption of data or regarding an obligation on the part of the third party to notify data subjects if law enforcement agencies wish to access the respective data.The transfer of data to third parties in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is currently based on the transitional arrangement in the trade and cooperation agreement between the European Union and the United Kingdom.1.4. Storage duration
Data subjects have the following rights against us with regard to their personal data:
- Right of access,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limit processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data transferability,
- Right to revoke a given consent at any time.Data subjects also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of their personal data.1.6. Obligation to provide data
Within the scope of the business or other relationship, customers, prospective customers or third parties need to provide us with personal data that is necessary for the establishment, execution and termination of a business or other relationship or that we are legally obliged to collect. Without this data, we will generally have to refuse to conclude the contract or to provide a service or will no longer be able to perform an existing contract or other relationship. Mandatory data are marked as such.1.7. No automatic decision making in individual cases
As a matter of principle, we do not use a fully automated decision-making process in accordance with article 22 GDPR to establish and implement the business or other relationship. Should we use these procedures in individual cases, we will inform of this separately if this is required by law.1.8. Making contact
When contacting us, e.g. by e-mail or telephone, the data provided to us (e.g. names and e-mail addresses) will be stored by us in order to answer questions. The legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR) to answer inquiries directed to us.
We delete the data accruing in this context after the storage is no longer necessary or restrict the processing if there are legal retention obligations.2. Newsletter
During the informative use of the website, i.e. when site visitors do not separately transmit information to us, we collect the personal data that the browser transmits to our server in order to ensure the stability and security of our website. This is our legitimate interest, so that the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR. These data are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich - Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
Language and version of the browser software.This data is also stored in log files. They are deleted when their storage is no longer necessary, at the latest after 14 days.3.2. Web hosting and provision of the website
Our website is hosted by https://pages.github.com/ on US servers on the basis of a data processing agreement (Art. 28 GDPR). The provider thereby processes the personal data transmitted via the website, e.g. on content, usage, meta/communication data or contact data. It is our legitimate interest to provide a website, so that the legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.3.3. Membership application
If you are interested in a membership in our network, you may apply for membership on our website. We process the data requested in this context for the fulfillment of the prospective contract closed with each member, so that the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR.
In the course of your application, your application data may be shared with members that take part in the application process. We use the following functions and tools in the process of your membership application:
- Surveys by Typeform S.L., Spain
- An application by Heroku, a service of salesforce.com Germany GmbH
- Appointment scheduling by Calendly LLC, USA
- Video conferencing by Google Meet, a service of Google LLC, USAIf you are accepted as a member your data is stored for the duration of your membership. If your application is rejected we delete your data with the exception of your name. It is our legitimate interest to identify you in case of a re-application, so that the legal basis for the continued data processing of your name is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.3.4. Payment processors
For the processing of payments, we use payment processors who are themselves data controllers within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR. Insofar as they receive data and payment data entered by us in the ordering process, we thereby fulfill the contract concluded with our customers (Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR).4. Membership
During your membership, we process data gathered during your application or voluntarily provided by you after based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR. We use tools by the following providers to communicate with our Members:
- Zoom Video Communications Inc., USA
- Slack Technologies Inc., USA
- Icebreaker.video by Elephant Technologies Inc., USAWe delete the data of our members after their membership has terminated with the exception of their name. It is our legitimate interest to identify past members in case of a re-application, so that the legal basis for the continued data processing of their name is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.5. Data processing on social media platforms
We are represented in social media networks in order to present our company and our services there. The operators of these networks regularly process their users’s data for advertising purposes.
Among other things, they create user profiles from their online behavior, which are used, for example, to show advertising on the pages of the networks and elsewhere on the Internet that corresponds to the interests of the users. To this end, the operators of the networks store information on user behavior in cookies on the users’ computers. Furthermore, it cannot be ruled out that the operators merge this information with other data.
Users can obtain further information and instructions on how to object to processing by the site operators in the data protection declarations of the respective operators listed below. It is also possible that the operators or their servers are located in non-EU countries, so that they process data there. This may result in risks for users, e.g. because it is more difficult to enforce their rights or because government agencies access the data. If users of the networks contact us via our company profiles, we process the data provided to us in order to respond to the inquiries. This is our legitimate interest, so that the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.5.1. Twitter
BuildersNetwork UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
D-12435 Berlin, Germany
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg (Berlin)
37/246/50266The European Commission offers a platform for online dispute resolution here: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?Jacopo Luperi, BuildersNetwork UG (haftungsbeschränkt),
Lohmühlenstraße 65, 12435 Berlin
Do I need a referral?
Without a real referral from current members we might not be able to consider your application. We'll ask you to include their Slack display name preceding the @ symbol (e.g. @nickname) while filling this form. You'll need to make sure you have the correct handle and do not enter multiple handles, or their email address.
What are the criteria to join?
Membership candidacies are evaluated based on the strength, length, and influence of the applicant's career. We look for track-record and a hands-on attitude. Generally, we accept a maximum of two members per company (except for leading late-stage companies). More specifically, we are looking for the following profiles:
- Founders, CEOs or MDs of top technology startups that have raised significant investment from a leading VC firms, preferably in Series A or later stages.
- CxOs leading core business functions with significant operating and leadership experience leading growth at startups that have raised a series B or later.
- Partners at a leading VC firms tha that can lead their own investments, well-known Business Angels actively investing in companies in relevant ecosystems.
I have already applied and haven’t heard back?
We review applications on a monthly basis. Due to the high demand, we can take longer in some cases. If you haven’t heard back after more than a month, we likely couldn’t invite you at this time, but you are welcome to apply again in twelve months' time.